Arches is a full-color feature magazine published twice a semester. This allows us to include Creative Works, a section designed to showcase student work. Any current Mount Mary student may submit visual or written work for consideration for publication.
- Work must be an original piece authored, designed or created by a current Mount Mary student.
- All entries must include the student’s name, a bio of up to 50 words, a headshot (JPG at 300 DPI) or a copyright-safe image representing the student and a title for each piece.
- All entries must be submitted digitally via email to email@example.com.
- Deadlines for the spring 2017 semester are February 10 and April 7.
What will be considered: fine art, art therapy, interior design, graphic design, fashion and creative writing.
Each student may submit up to three images of original work for each issue.
Photos of artwork and photography pieces must be:
- 300 DPI
- JPG file format
- Cropped to the edges of the actual artwork
Design pieces must be:
- Vector format or 300 DPI
- JPG, Illustrator, PDF or InDesign file format
Each student may submit up to two original writing pieces for each issue.
Writing pieces must be:
- 2 (two) original poems per author; 500-word limit per poem – visual aspects may be added by the Arches design team
- 1 (one) original flash fiction piece per author; 1,000-word limit per piece – visual aspects may be added by the Arches design team.
- 1 (one) original creative essay per author; 750-word limit per piece – visual aspects may be added by the Arches design team.
Please submit all work to Arches by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Only digital entries will be considered.